- 2 c. pear juice, or unsweetened apple juice
- 1 c. fresh orange juice
- 1 (1-inch) piece ginger, peeled
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 4 oz. Modern Matriarch Silver Rum
- 4 slices pears, for garnish
- 4 orange peel twists, for garnish
Step 1: In a medium saucepan, combine pear or apple juice, orange juice, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, and star anise. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, discard spices, and cool slightly. Stir in rum.
Step 2: Divide cocktail between four glasses and garnish with a pear slice and orange peel twist, if desired.